Saturday 1 December 2012

My Creative Space - A New Necklace

It was time to put away my red and blue beads and give some other colours a bit of a go!

I have a great little stash of Rose Quartz beads and they have been out on my desk this week. They are a very light pink colour and look great on their own or combined with other coloured gemstones or pearls.

I'm not an expert on the spiritual qualities of gemstones but from what I have read Rose Quartz apparently gives inner peace and helps in all matters pertaining to love in all its forms. It is reportedly a stone of unconditional love that opens the heart to all forms of love: self-love, family love, platonic love, and romantic love and is a very soothing and happy stone that brings gentleness, forgiveness, compassion, kindness and tolerance..... quite a good wrap for an unassuming gemstone!

Here is what I came up with - named 'Pearl's Rose'. I've used freshwater pearls to compliment the Rose Quartz beads in a double strand necklace:

Some of the Rose Quartz beads are lovely and smooth and others are faceted to give them a little texture. I'm happy with how this necklace has turned out and have loved working in this colour scheme of soft pink, peacock grey and cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment