Sunday 10 February 2013

Still Organising......Project 'Life'

I started 2013 with a resolution to tackle a whole range of tasks centred around 'organising'.

This includes my photos, endless recipe collection, books, beads, garden. My creative space is a work in progress. It was actually quite organised but then I decided late last year to rearrange the way I organised my bead stash...I'll get back to that later. I can still find what I'm looking for but beads are currently occupying every surface in the room. I'll be tacking that next!

What I have been doing this week is organising my books.
I love books... I have them everywhere.
I had a bookshelf built but the shelves were full and I was stacking them up in piles outside the shelves. I decided to take all the books out, arrange them alphabetically and double them up on each shelf - so there is a now a row of books behind the front row on each shelf.

Here is the before photo:

Here is the 'after' photo:

It was definitely worth the time.
Then end result is more space... for more books! I'm actually trying to curb my spending on books this year..yet another challenge for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment